I like Scan FS because of its extremely fast scan capabilities - honestly, I've never seen another program scanning big volumes with such a high speed. Once the data was in the catalogues, it was extremely easy to find selected files offline again. Unfortunately, there was always a limitation with ScanFS, and especially very big and nested volumes with high depths of directories made ScanFS finally hang up. In fact, I had hoped that this bug could be removed. Well it is somehow, because the catalogue functionality is removed ;-). Would be great if it could be implemented back, again. Perhaps it works in this new release.
Disk Catalog Mode is not present any more?
Long time since we last talked. Hope all is well with you.
Thanks for the feedback.
I noticed that it is faster especially searching in file contents.
1. issue with column widths will be fixed
2. Command line is coming soon
3. Will check and fix
Have a nice day
Hi Saleen Support!
There are three things I've noticed:
1. I miss the feature to set the column width at startup. For example the columns Created, Attributes and File Type is not information I'm interested in, so previously I had their width set to 0.
2. It looks like commandline parameters are ignored. Even when double clicking a ".scanfs" file the program is started but the search isn't performed, and values are kept from previous run. The parameters I use with ScanFS 1.0 are /file= /path= /s /da= /output= /exit
3. In the boxes where you select "date after" and "date before" the date is always displayed in "mm/dd/yyyy" format instead of using local settings, which in my case would be "yyyy-mm-dd". This is not a big problem for me but it might confuse other users. In the columns Created and Modified, date is displayed correctly though. :)
A positive thing is that searches seems to be faster. Did you do some tweaking on that?
If I find more stuff I'll be back.
Best regards ScanFan
ScanFs 2.0 is out.
This software is a complete rewrite.
Some features from version 1.0 have been dropped.
Please let me know if something you are using from 1.0 needs to